April is drawing to a close, so it’s time channel my inner Maria and share a few of my favorite things from this month. *Cue me twirling around on a mountain top holding my April Favorites a la The Sound of Music.*
Style and Beauty
- Midrise Rolled Hem Denim Shorts – I’ve been looking for a pair of shorts that aren’t super long, but that aren’t Daisy Dukes… dressing yourself in your thirties is so awkward. Everything is too matronly or too skimpy. Anyways, I love these shorts. They’re a good length, they’ve got a little stretch so they’re super comfortable, and I love the rise.
- Gold Flat Sandals – These sandals come in a handful of colors. I was initially unsure about these soles, but they’re not too thick and they’re super comfy. I wear these a few times a week now that the sun is out, and I’m thinking I might need to get them in a few other colors to replace my older sandals.
- Flat Top Kabuki Brush With Travel Case – I usually use my hands to apply foundation (yea, yea, I know…), but recently I thought I’d try out a kabuki brush. I liked this one since it doesn’t have a handle and it comes with a travel case. The brush takes up so little space when traveling and it really gets the job done. It doesn’t shed when I use it, it’s easy to clean, and it applies makeup evenly and beautifully – even Chris said that my skin looks even and “airbrushed!”
- Raw Sugar Lemon Sugar Body Wash – You might already know how much I love Raw Sugar products from my sensitive skin post, but this month I discovered the Lemon Sugar soap, and it’s incredible. Like their other products, it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized, and this one makes me feel invigorated. The bright lemony flavor wakes me up, and the touch of sweet sugar makes me feel like I’m bathing in a beautiful spring dessert. This is definitely my go-to body wash for the summer.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Stick – This stick looks like deodorant, but don’t be fooled, it’s absolutely sunscreen. Just as the name promises, the formula is non-greasy and really protects! I have very fair skin, so I have to use heavy-duty SPF. This stuff is easy to apply and travel with.
Home and Kitchen
- Stackable 3-Tier Cooling Rack – You know how much I love to bake (go search “dessert” on my page and see how much stuff comes up!), but what you might now is the lack of space I have in my kitchen. I live in a tiny apartment with minimal counter space, so I finally broke down and got stacking cooling racks so that I can stop taking over the kitchen table with cooling cookies. I love these because a lot of the other tiered racks I’ve seen are fused together. This is essentially three different racks that are able to stack on top of one another.
- Trader Joe’s Matcha Green Tea Packets – Trader Joe’s always manages to make it onto my favorites list, and that’s no surprise. They always have the best stuff, and I feel like I’m always discovering something new there! I’ve been looking for pure matcha at a reasonable price for a while, and leave it to TJs to provide. I love that these are portioned out, so I don’t have to measure anything – I can just grab and go!
I hope you enjoy this month’s favorites!